Montréal-Trudeau and Montréal-Mirabel international airports are major hubs of economic activity. Over the years, a large number of manufacturing companies have set up operations at or near the airports to benefit from their logistics facilities.
Our airports have been catalysts for industrial development in the Greater Montréal region. They have fostered Centres of Excellence in a wide range of manufacturing sectors. In aerospace, for example, 16 of the 23 plants operated by world players active in Montréal have set up at or near our sites; all told, they employ some 28,000 people.
Whether at Montréal-Trudeau or Montréal-Mirabel, Aéroports de Montréal can offer you real estate and logistics solutions to meet your needs for efficiency and growth.
Montréal-Trudeau - A multi-purpose platform 20 minutes from downtown:
• Easily accessible from all directions by major highways
• At the heart of one of the North America's most dynamic economic regions
• A 4,000-acre site where 23,300 people work in some 275 establishments
• A high-capacity airport free of congestion
• 40+ carriers serving 100 destinations nonstop
• A freight zone with a full range of services
• An industrial zone with world-class companies
• Over 1,000 acres of available land
Montréal Mirabel - A cargo hub with huge property reserves for industry:
• Located on the outskirts of Montréal, close to highways 13,15, and 50
• A 5,600-acre site in a fast-growing region
• A 1,000-acre industrial zone that is already home to several companies operating mainly in the aerospace, defense, and high-tech sectors
• More than 20 all-cargo carriers with related logistical services
• A 25-hectare freight zone offering an ultramodern transit center, a perishable goods warehouse, and two freight bridges
• An airport with a 12,000-foot runway, open 24/7, free of congestion
Montréal has a lot to offer!
• Exceptional geographic location that makes it the natural gateway to North America
• Easy access to 400 million consumers
• A population of 3.7 million with a high level of education and a bilingualism rate of more than 50 percent
• A quality of life that is among the best in the world
And there's more:
• An economic powerhouse with more than 100,000 companies and 1.8 million jobs including 20 percent in the manufacturing sector
• A world leader in several leading-edge industries such as aerospace, telecommunications, biopharmaceuticals, information technologies, and multimedia
• A center for knowledge, with four world-class universities and more than 70 international organizations including the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Companies already operating on the Montréal-Trudeau and Montréal-Mirabel airport sites include:
• Air Canada
• Avianor Group
• Bombardier Aerospace
• GE Elano Canada
• Innotech-Execaire Aviation Group
• L-3 MAS Canada
• Mecachrome Canada Inc.
• National Research Council of Canada
• Purolator Courier
• Safran Group
• Technicolor Laboratory of Canada Inc.
• Turbomeca Canada
Cargo and Industrial Development
Aéroports de Montréal
1100, René Lévesque Blvd. West, Suite 2100
Montréal, Québec Canada H3B 4X8