Progressive, a major American insurance company, has announced it will create 1,106 new jobs in cities where five of its six major U.S. offices are located.
Specifically, the firm will add:
- 185 positions in sales, service and claims in Austin, Texas,
- 65 positions in sales and service in Phoenix, Arizona,
- 129 positions in sales and service in Colorado Springs, Colorado,
- 390 positions in sales, service and claims at its Riverview contact center in Tampa, Florida, and
- 337 positions in sales, service and claims in Cleveland, Ohio.
In addition to those five cities, Progressive operates a sixth major location in Sacramento, California, as well as numerous claims service centers and claims offices throughout the nation.
Progressive offers insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles and homes. Headquartered in the Cleveland suburb of Mayfield Village, Ohio, it's the fourth-largest auto insurer in the country, the largest seller of motorcycle insurance, and a leader in commercial auto insurance.