Spansion Moves Corporate Headquarters To San Jose, California
According to the San Jose Office of Economic Development, North San Jose offered a highly educated talent pool, outstanding access to market, robust transportation networks and easy access to the vibrant downtown San Jose.
"We are excited to move to San Jose,” said Carmine Renzulli, Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Spansion. “ Our selection was based on the great talent pool and amenities San Jose has to offer. We are looking forward to moving into a modern building and being a part of the San Jose community."
San Jose anticipates a direct annual boost of about $118 million to its economy with from the relocation of Spansion, economic development officials said. In addition, Santa Clara County will continue to benefit from $60 million in indirect and induced investment from the company.
Dale D. Buss, Area Development
Michael Darch, Consider Canada Cities Alliance
Geraldine Gambale, Area Development Magazine
Alexandra Segers, SSOE Group
Area Development Research Desk
- 31st Annual Survey of Corporate Executives: Confidence in U.S. Economy, Need for Investment in Infrastructure Reflected
- Powerful Economic Development & Business Partners
- Editor’s Note: About Those Manufacturing Jobs…
- 31st Annual Survey of Corporate Executives Commentary: Political Risk Comes to the United States
- Higher Ed for Hire: Providing Fuel for High-demand, High-skilled Jobs
- Automation Takes Hold, But Humans Still Needed
- Tackling The Risk Factors of Third-Party Data Centers