Mack Trucks Creating 125 Jobs in Macungie, Pennsylvania
"While the construction market remains very weak, we've recently experienced an uptick in order activity on the highway and refuse sides of our business," Mack wrote in a statement. "Beyond the economic and market forces at work, we're also getting a very positive reaction to our new EPA 2010-compliant trucks."
Mack already employs approximately 750 people in Macungie. The hiring follows a lay off of 75 workers in June. The company has headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Dale D. Buss, Area Development
Michael Darch, Consider Canada Cities Alliance
Geraldine Gambale, Area Development Magazine
Alexandra Segers, SSOE Group
Area Development Research Desk
- Data Center Outsourcing Trending Up
- It’s Your Move: Critical Considerations When Relocating Corporate Headquarters
- First Person: The American CEOs One Shot at Capturing a Manufacturing Resurgence
- Record Demand Brings New Heights and Challenges to Industrial Real Estate Market
- Gubernatorial Shift: New Economic Development Policies
- Frontline: Fourth Industrial Revolution Takes Off, “Localizing” Site Selection Requirements
- Should “Urbanization” Drive the Location Decision?