The state of Delaware welcomes your interest in our state as a place to grow and profit. Delaware is strategically located on the U.S. Northeast Corridor between New York City and Washington, D.C. Delaware is home to world-class technology and science companies including DuPont, W.L. Gore, AstraZeneca U.S., and many small- and medium-sized innovative businesses. Delaware has a long history of business innovation leadership in several sectors including chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, corporate governance, finance, and agriculture. Today, Delaware is on the forefront of clean renewable energy development, as evidenced by innovative development of Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) electric vehicles at the University of Delaware. V2G vehicles built in Delaware by Autoport can be seen on the roads in our state. Delaware is also the first state to approve a power purchase agreement for offshore wind energy and is moving forward to provide clean renewable energy to the citizens of the state.
Most importantly, business executives, government leaders, and educational institutions work closely together with the goal of continuing to make our state the best in the nation for starting and growing your business.
The Delaware BioScience Association is the catalyst to ensure Delaware continues its global leadership in life sciences by developing a cohesive community that unites the region's biotechnology, pharmaceutical, research, financial, and agricultural strengths. Bioscience - recognized globally and here locally as a key driver of Delaware's economy because of its potential for providing high-wage employment opportunities, new solutions to improve human and animal healthcare, and a cleaner environment - is one of the industry clusters targeted for development by the state.
Advantages of businesses in Delaware include:
• No state or local sales tax, no VAT
• No personal property or inventory tax
• Corporate income tax credits for new and expanding businesses
• Exemption of corporate tax for certain investment and holding companies
• Close to the premier global financial center, New York
• Close to the nation's capital, Washington, D.C.
• One of the highest concentrations of scientists and engineers in the U.S.
• Diverse industries, agriculture and life science research and commercialization
• Accessible and business-friendly government
We welcome your inquiries.