• Free for qualified executives and consultants to industry

  • Receive quarterly issues of Area Development Magazine and special market report and directory issues


Arkansas Basic Business Taxes

Q1 2014
Corporate income tax:
Corporations and public utilities are taxed at a rate from 1-6.5 percent as net taxable income increases.

Sales and use taxes:
The state sales tax rate in Arkansas is 6.5 percent. The tax is imposed on the sale of tangible personal property and taxable services.

Local sales and use taxes:
In addition to the state sales and use tax, local sales and use taxes may be levied by each city or county. Qualifying businesses may be eligible for a refund of the local taxes paid on the amount of qualifying single transaction business purchases that exceed $2,500. Questions regarding local tax rates, or the local tax rebates in general may be addressed to the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration - Sales and Use Tax Section at (501) 682-7104.

Property tax:
The state imposes no property tax; however, cities, counties and special taxing districts do.

Real and personal property financed by industrial revenue bonds and general obligation bonds is exempt from property taxes during the lease-amortization period in which a local government retains title to the property. Payments by industrial concerns to local governments in lieu of property taxes are generally encouraged and negotiated between the parties involved. The negotiated payment in lieu of taxes shall not be less than 35 percent of the property taxes that would have been paid, unless a lesser amount is approved by the AEDC executive director and the chief fiscal officer of the State of Arkansas.

Arkansas State Contact:
Arkansas Economic Development Commission
900 W. Capitol Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
(501) 682-1121

Incentive and tax information is provided to Area Development by each state's economic development or commerce agency for information purposes only and is subject to revision at any time by the state government. Please contact the state agency directly for full requirements and offerings.

Exclusive Research