- 1. Use environmental analysis as a catalyst for innovation;
- 2. Focus on a list of suppliers prioritized by environmental impact.
- 3. Manage environmental impacts where they occur-ideally before they occur or get worse.
- 4. Focus on the business, not social, value that green supply chain management creates.
- 5. Align green supply chain goals with business goals.
- 6. Evaluate the supply chain as a single life cycle system.
- 7. Encourage engagement and collaboration among all key stakeholders and provide training where appropriate.
- 8. Ask suppliers the right questions. The following questions are common:
- • Details regarding their corporate environmental goals as well as the policies and procedures they use to ensure minimum impact on the environment
- • Environmental performance awards, recognition, and certifications
- • Participation in Carbon Disclosure Project, Global Reporting Initiative, or similar efforts
- • Internal incentive and governance programs regarding environmental performance at the Board of Directors and C-suite level
- • Greenhouse gas emissions programs
- • Ability to identify opportunities for eco-related tax incentives or utility company rebates
- 9. Listen to the ideas of suppliers for how to assess performance in different industries. Unilaterally announcing a new set of sustainability ratings to suppliers without taking industry differences into consideration may lead to missed opportunities for improvement and other negative ramifications.
- 10. Utilize technology to support sustainable sourcing efforts.
Top Ten Best Practices for "Greening the Supply Chain"
Duro-Last Retooled Manufacturing to Produce Isolation Gowns AndFace Masks at Various Plants
Ford Motor Partners with GE Healthcare and Airon to Produce Ventilators in Ypsilanti, Michigan
American Leather Holdings Shifts Production to Manufacture Face Masks and Gowns in Texas and North Carolina
Hot Jobs: Growing Industrial Sectors
2019 Leading Metro Locations: Pacific and South-Atlantic Metros Dominate the List
34th Annual Corporate Survey & the 16th Annual Consultants Survey
In Focus: Mitigating Risk with Aggressive Support in Economic Development
A Site Selector’s Checklist for Locating in the U.S.
Location USA 2019
2019 Top States for Doing Business: Georgia Ranks #1 Sixth Year in a Row