Profitable Business Climate
• It all starts with a healthy state economy. Relatively low unemployment, high credit ratings, a $484 billion GDP, and a balanced state budget are putting Ohio at the forefront of successful U.S. states. In addition, 57 companies on the Fortune 1,000 list are based in Ohio — the 5th highest in the nation.
• Governor Kasich and the state legislature have worked hard to lower taxes that can stand in the way of commercial progress. This includes no corporate income and franchise taxes, no taxes on new machinery and equipment, no out-ofstate tax.
The result: Proven stability and lower tax liabilities.
Diverse Industry Portfolio
Ohio has long been recognized as a top state for manufacturing. While that is still a strong suit, we have a highly diversified economy — from manufacturing to biohealth — that can speak to any company’s needs.
In fact, our strengths lie in 9 industry areas:
• Advanced Manufacturing
• Aerospace & Aviation
• Agribusiness & Food Processing
• Financial Services
• Information Technology & Services
• Polymers & Chemical
The result: No matter what your company does, Ohio has you covered.
Motivated Work Force
• Ohio is the 7th most populous state in the U.S. Our large population means we have a large labor force of six million people that is particularly skilled and educated. Our community and technical colleges can also create customized work force training programs to specifically suit your skill needs.
• Generations upon generations of Ohioans have had careers in manufacturing high-quality products. We consider our manufacturing work force to be craftsmen who take pride in their work and have a strong work ethic.
The result: Ohio has the population and the tools to deliver the work force you need.
Centrally located within 1,000 km of 60 percent of the U.S. and Canadian populations and manufacturing
The result: Ohio can route your goods quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
Prolific International Presence
• 881 international companies call Ohio home, employing over 180,000 Ohioans. Key companies include Honda Motor Company, Bridgestone, Siemens, ArcelorMittal, Reed Elsevier, Delfin, and Fiat.
The result: Your company will be at home both professionally and culturally.
Manager of Foreign Direct Investment
41 S. High Street, Suite 1500
Columbus, Ohio 43215
or 419-610-3291 (mobile)