Nanotech in the South
Southern Tech Sites 2008
• The National Science Foundation's National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network has two facilities in the South: the Microelectronics Research Laboratory at Georgia Institute of Technology, and the Microelectronics Research Center at the University of Texas-Austin.
• The National Cancer Institute's Centers of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence include the Nanotechnology Center for Personalized and Predictive Oncology, which is an Emory University-Georgia Tech partnership, and the Carolina Center of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence at the University of North Carolina.
Rice University in Houston hosts the Center for Biological and Environmental Nanotechnology, and also offers a Professional Master of Science in Nanoscale Physics.
• The University of Virginia has a Center for Nanoscopic Materials Design.
• Louisiana Tech University offers a Bachelor of Science in Nanosystems Engineering, a Master of Science in Molecular Sciences and Nanotechnology, and an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Engineering that focuses on micro/nanosystems.
• Texas A&M University's nanotech programs include the Institute for Intelligent Bio-Nanomaterials & Structures for Aerospace Vehicles.
• Oak Ridge National Laboratory hosts the Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences.
• The University of Alabama's Center for Materials for Information Technology is focusing on nanotech R&D for data storage technologies.
• The Center for Semiconductor Physics in Nanostructures is an interdisciplinary collaboration between the University of Arkansas and the University of Oklahoma.
• The Oklahoma Nanotechnology Initiative, a state-funded program, continues to see its network grow, now linked to almost 100 university nanotech researchers at eight academic institutions throughout the state and more than a dozen Oklahoma-based nanotech companies.
• In Kentucky, both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville have nanotech research centers.
Biogen Establishes Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Gene Therapy Production Campus
2020 Top States for Doing Business Showcase Their Pro-Business Environments
34th Annual Corporate Survey & the 16th Annual Consultants Survey
“Made in America” Executive Order to Affect International Companies and FDI
2020 Gold & Silver Shovel Awards Recognize State and Local Economic Development Efforts
Pandemic Fuels Data Center Growth
Another Look at Rural Economies