The State of Delaware: Home to World-Class Technology & Companies
Delaware, located between New York and Washington, D.C., has strong bioscience and pharmaceutical clusters, and is developing renewable technologies.
Location USA 2010
Most importantly, business executives, government leaders, and educational institutions work closely together with the goal of continuing to make our state the best in the nation for starting and growing your business.
The Delaware BioScience Association is the catalyst to ensure Delaware continues its global leadership in life sciences by developing a cohesive community that unites the region's biotechnology, pharmaceutical, research, financial, and agricultural strengths. Bioscience - recognized globally and here locally as a key driver of Delaware's economy because of its potential for providing high-wage employment opportunities, new solutions to improve human and animal healthcare, and a cleaner environment - is one of the industry clusters targeted for development by the state.
Advantages of businesses in Delaware include:
• No state or local sales tax, no VAT
• No personal property or inventory tax
• Corporate income tax credits for new and expanding businesses
• Exemption of corporate tax for certain investment and holding companies
• Close to the premier global financial center, New York
• Close to the nation's capital, Washington, D.C.
• One of the highest concentrations of scientists and engineers in the U.S.
• Diverse industries, agriculture and life science research and commercialization
• Accessible and business-friendly government
We welcome your inquiries.