This Pike Research report analyzes the opportunities and challenges facing wind power in North America - particularly turbine manufacturers - in the current economic and political climate. It assesses drivers of growth include rising demand for electricity, pro-wind regulatory environments, advantages over other renewables, and technological innovations driving down lifetime costs of producing wind power. Key players in the wind energy business are profiled and the report also includes rich quantitative analysis including market sizing, segmentation, market share analysis of top turbine vendors, and growth forecasts for the United States and Canada through 2015.
Key questions addressed:
* What will be the installed wind generation capacity by 2015 in North America?
* How many turbines will be required to meet wind generation capacity goals, including replacing aging fleets?
* What are the key industry growth drivers and challenges inhibiting growth of wind power?
* What are the economics of turbine manufacturing, installation, operations, and maintenance?
* What technological advances may drive down the lifetime costs of wind power production?
* What market shares do the top turbine manufacturers have of installed wind generation capacity?