How has the recent relatively positive economic news affected companies' facility plans and priorities? Area Development's annual Corporate Survey of our readers, which was conducted in late October/early November just as these economic events were unfolding, might provide an answer to that question. Let's take a look.
- 26th Annual Corporate Executive Survey Results
- Analysis: Investment in Human Capital Elevated Aspect of Location Decision
- Analysis: Unacceptable Employment Rates Should Lead to Improved Incentives for Expanding Business
- Analysis: A Hopeful Indicator That Manufacturing May Soon Have a Domestic Resurgence
- Analysis: U.S. Labor Market Cautious About Hiring
- Analysis: Media Trend of Onshoring Seems to be a Non-Issue for Most Corporations
- Analysis: Importance of Available Buildings Drops Due to Glut of Inventory
- Slideshow: 26th Annual Corporate Survey
Area Development's editors once again asked the consultants who help our readers and others make their location, expansion, and relocation decisions about their clients' facility plans and priorities. Since less than 50 percent of those responding to our 2011 Corporate Survey say they utilize the services of consultants in the site and facility planning process, we would expect the consultants' responses to differ from those of our corporate executive respondents. Let's find out to what extent they do.