According to company officials the total purchase price for the properties was approximately $300 million.
"We are proud to announce our largest US warehouse portfolio acquisition since the inception of the business, giving us the opportunity to expand our presence in this important and growing industrial/warehouse sector in the US," said Mohammed Alardhi, Executive Chairman of Investcorp.
"This investment further reflects our commitment to growing Investcorp's footprint in the US, which is a key driver of the firm's overall growth strategy and an area in which we will look to continue expanding as opportunities arise, he added.
This investment provides Investcorp with a 90 percent leased portfolio of Class A and B warehouse, light manufacturing and flex buildings, across the e-commerce, manufacturing, design, wholesaling and food services industries, company officials said. The portfolio was purchased as a single investment, with over 60% of the property located in "Tier One" industrial markets.
- The properties that comprise this portfolio include:
- Nine multi-tenant Class A and B warehouses in Minneapolis
- 16 multi-tenant Class B industrial warehouse/flex buildings in Dallas
- 14 single and multi-tenant Class B industrial warehouse/manufacturing buildings in Chicago
- Nine multi-tenant Class A and Class B industrial warehouse and flex buildings in Philadelphia / Delaware
- Five multi-tenant Class A and Class B industrial warehouse/manufacturing buildings in Phoenix
- Two multi-tenant Class B industrial warehouse buildings in Houston
- One multi-tenant Class B industrial warehouse building in San Antonio
Investcorp's New York-based real estate team is an active investor in U.S. commercial and residential real estate equity and high-yield debt. Since 1996, Investcorp has acquired more than 550 properties for a total value of more than $14 billion. Across the U.S., Investcorp said it targets existing office, retail, industrial, multifamily and hospitality properties located in the largest 30 metropolitan areas with a focus on mid-market core and core-plus investment opportunities.This recent acquisition represents Investcorp's ninth industrial portfolio, all of which were acquired over the past 36 months. With this addition, Investcorp now owns 14 million square feet of U.S. industrial assets.